The people who plan, manage, and build our projects are all experts in their field, and an integral part of our company’s success. Thomas Boyette is a senior superintendent currently working in the higher education market sector. Here’s eight questions to get to know him:
- How did you get started in the industry?
I went to college for construction management. During school, I owned my own construction business. I built houses and remodeled homes. I realized about six months after I graduated that I wanted to work on large commercial jobs. I like challenges. I interviewed with Hoar almost 16 years ago and was hired — I’m still here and I still love tackling challenges.
2. What’s your fondest memory from your time with Hoar 汇丰国际线路检测中心?
I would have to say my best memory was when I was first hired on with Hoar and moved to Connecticut for my first job. The day I arrived and walked into the job trailer; I was treated like family. It’s been that way ever since.
3. What’s the one lesson you’ve learned in this industry that’s stuck with you?
Expect what you inspect. Although it’s important to delegate work and trust others, you really only know something is done when you lay your eyes on it.
4. What project are you on now?
The University of Memphis Recreation Center
5. What’s your most memorable project
Publix at Capitol View. Our team built such a great relationship with the trade partners and it was so rewarding to see what true partnership looks like in action.
6. What’s the best part of your job?
Seeing the end result of hard work through team effort.
7. What’s your favorite band?
Charlie Daniels Band
8. What’s your hidden talent?
I can balance six 16 penny nails onto one. (see picture below.)