The people who plan, manage, and build our projects are all experts in their field, and an integral part of our company’s success. Greg Brooke is a General Superintendent who has led multiple fast-paced projects to an on-time delivery in our entertainment and hospitality sectors. Here’s eight questions to get to know him:
1. What’s your day-to-day look like?
I start my day by walking the job to make sure our trade partners are working where they are scheduled to work and getting their crews started. Then, I lead a daily coordination meeting with our owner, before I return to the field to check in with everyone. I end my day by making phone calls and sending emails to the many people I need to communicate with daily.
2. What’s the one lesson you’ve learned in this industry that’s stuck with you?
Whatever you initiate, follow it through to completion.
3. Describe the last challenge you overcame on a job?
We delivered a recent project on time despite starting 5 months late due to issues beyond our control.
4. How long have you been in the industry?
Roughly 35 years.
5. What’s the best part of your job?
Working closely with our trade partners every day.
6. How did you get started in the industry?
All of my uncles were in the industry in one capacity or another, so I have been around it my whole life.
7. What’s your favorite band?
Favorite bands would be just about any 80’s hair band.
8. What’s your hidden talent?
I have a lot of hidden talents, but I’d say I am a pretty darn good cook!