The people who plan, manage, and build our projects are all experts in their field, and an integral part of our company’s success. David Filippone is a senior superintendent with more than 41 years of experience in the industry. Here’s eight questions to get to know him.
1. What’s your day-to-day look like?
An average day is filled with answering a lot of questions and a lot of problem solving.
2. What’s the one lesson you’ve learned in this industry that’s stuck with you?
There is nothing that can’t be resolved, so don’t ever stop looking for the right answers. I like to say, “What would MacGyver do?”
3. What project are you on now?
Lakeview Terrace retirement community — we’re building a new apartment tower, nine two-story villas, and a 29,000 square foot clubhouse.
4. What’s your most memorable project?
I’ve had so many, but I will say when we partially opened Fantasyland and I saw how excited the kids and their parents were running to the rides — that was really memorable.
5. What’s the best part of your job?
Looking at what you accomplished at the end of the day, and then watching people enjoy the building you completed.
6. How did you get started in the industry?
I literally started with a shovel in my hands. My brothers got me into construction at 12 years old helping them and then it went on from there.
7. What’s your favorite band?
Boston. My favorite song is “Don’t Look Back”.
8. What’s your hidden talent?
I can sew ballet shoes. My wife owned two dance studios for more than 20 years and I have three daughters who danced as well, so it’s a skill I had to have!